Established in 1969, the Oregon Athletic Directors Association provides various professional services to over 290 members including programs in professional development, certification, awards, coaching education, and mentorship.
The annual OADA Conference is held in April in Sunriver, Oregon and attracts over 250 members and 65+ vendors from the sports and athletic administration industry. Traditionally, the conference stages numerous professional development opportunities for attendees including relevant topics and nationally recognized speakers. Members also have time to network with their colleagues and with leaders who are making a difference in local sports programs.
The mission of the Oregon Athletic Directors Association shall be:
1. To Improve the educational aspects of athletics and their inclusion In the total educational program.
2. To foster a close working relationship with the Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) and other related professional groups.
3. To improve understanding of athletics and establish close working relationships among the schools of the State of Oregon through the sharing of mutual problems and practices.
4. To promote high standards of achievement and ethics in athletics.
1. To gain a better understanding of each classification by crossing lines to help one another.
2. Improve the Sportsmanship Component
3. To generate the OADA Newsletter into PDF Format and increase the newsletter to four distributions. (September, November, February, and May)
4. Attend annual NIAAA Section 8 Meeting
5. OADA Executive Board Retreat in June
6. Have a better understanding of what the NIAAA is and how it can help all Athletic Directors around the state
7. Work to improve the understanding of how LTC courses can help all Athletic Directors.
8. Quickly find out how many Athletic Directors are new each year and work to increase our ways of helping and mentoring the new Athletic Directors (Mentoring).
9. Have a listing every Athletic Director in the state that gives their cell phone number, work telephone number, e-mail address, fax, school and school address.